Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Anti-Anxiety

I'll admit it. I worry. I have major anxiety issues. I fret about the big things, the small things, and everything in between. I'm married to a man that is completely opposite. He never stresses, worries, ever. I have 3 closings next week. For any of you that have ever bought or sold a home its stressful. I have 3 closings at once...thats like triple the load of stress. I've been doing this for years but it still gets me all anxious. There are so many pieces that have to fall into place. I don't want to let anyone down or turn into crazy mean Realtor Krista that can say a swear word or two if someone at the finance company isn't doing their job fast enough. I woke up in the middle of the night all worried and anxious. I do the what if's game. What if this doesn't work. What if that isn't right. It was 3am this morning and I was wide awake about to have a panic attack during my 'what if's' game. I started crying out to the Lord and He gave me a scripture as I laid there.

"
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Php 4:6

Maybe one of you is worried, stressed, or anxious about something. Family problems, relationship problems, finances, job stresses, hard economic times, etc. Maybe this scripture can help bring peace and serenity to your situation too.

No comments: